Gnats are small pesky flies that are found all over the nation both indoors and outdoors. They are attracted to odors, lights and moisture, and they make a high-pitched buzzing sound. There is a much larger population of gnats in warmer climates, and although they are a big annoyance, they only reach an average size of 1/8 inch. These insects are more annoying than dangerous; however, they can carry disease and illness. Changing your daily hygienic routines can stop the gnats from swarming your head.
it’s important to note that annoying gnats generally have a lifespan of about four months and if you happen to have a pregnant mama gnat in your house, she can give birth to as many as 300 more babies. So, if you’re the lucky winner of an indoor gnat infestation, you should try and get rid of them.
Gnats generally go where the fungus (and subsequent moisture) is. That’s why they’re attracted to the overripe bananas on your counter and the soft potatoes in your pantry. So, if you do see them hanging around those items, chuck the produce and eliminate the reason the gnats are congregating in the first place.
We at Southern Pest Control want to share the following tips with you on how to help keep gnats from swarming around your head and face
- Wash your hair with a scent free shampoo
- Avoid using scented skin care products on your face
- Don’t spray any cologne, perfume or body spray anywhere around your neck
- Wash clothing in scent free detergents
- Use an insect repellant on the clothing you wear and on your skin and in your hair. Many lotions contain insect repellant that will keep gnats away. Use a nontoxic spray in and under your hair and around your neck. Use the insect repellants only as directed for safety.
We hope this information and tips were helpful. Please contact us if you have any pest control issue that you are struggling with. One trained professionals will gladly come give you a Free Estimate on how we can help. We have been in the pest control business over 35 years here in the Gulf Coast area. Please call us at 800 527-9832 anytime, also you can visit our website at www.southernpestcontrol.biz to meet our team and learn more about us and all our services.