Should I be worired about Cockroaches?
Cockroaches in your home have the potential to lead to two health issues: First, they can contaminate your environment by leaving droppings and bacteria scattered around your home, including antibiotic-resistant strains. These bacteria, like salmonella, can cause issues such as food poisoning. Second, cockroaches can leave behind tiny parts of their body that can settle in the dust in your home. These “cockroach allergens” are known as a major contributor to allergies, asthma, and other breathing problems.
According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, you might be experiencing a roach allergy if you have a stuffy nose that won’t go away, a skin rash, and year-round respiratory symptoms, like coughing, wheezing, and chest tightness. Though other health issues could lead to these symptoms so you may want to check with a health care provider.
Here are some good tips to help keep cockroaches and their diseases away from you and your family.
- Keep your living areas, especially bedrooms, clutter-free and wipe up food crumbs or leftovers.
- Avoid leaving uncovered food out on kitchen tables or counters, and sweep the floor of food debris after cooking.
- Clamp down on leaky faucets and drains because cockroaches love dark, wet places.
- Never store garbage or other enticing cockroach treats (e.g., dry pet food, old newspapers) under the sink where it can get damp — instead, place it in a container that can be closed with a lid.
- Plug up or cover any holes or cracks in your floor or walls to make it harder for the roaches to sneak in.
At Southern Pest Control we have handled the pest control issues Biloxi, MS. for our many customers for over 35 years. Our specialized are trained and equipment with effective and safe pest control products to keep cockroaches out of your home.
Please call us at 800 527-9832 our courteous and friendly staff are ready answer all your questions and have someone come out to your home to inspect the premises.
Need Pest Control Services?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.