Treatment should not be considered an optional home improvement service, it should be mandatory. Having a pest control technician out at your home regularly (preferably once every two months) will make a huge difference on maximizing your protection from bugs. And not only will you prevent a dreaded pest infestation with creepy bugs crawling around your home, you will help with maintain a clean and healthy home.
Professional pest control service will spot pests that can cause structural damage early so you can preserve the lifespan and appearance of your home. But not all pests attack the structure of your home, some pests create problems with electrical wiring or even spread disease to occupants.
Below is a list of five reasons why a regular service should be considered a necessary service for any homeowner:
- Potential Pest Problems Are Caught Early – Most bugs or rodents can reproduce rapidly once they find a habitable area to nest. This can create a snowball effect for the pest population in your home. A thorough pest control technician will be able to identify potential pest infestations and can stop them from growing. You won’t have to worry about a growing pest population on your property. Your pest technician should not only treat for current pest problems every service but also inspect for potential problems.
- Prevent Fire Hazards –Rodents are known for chewing on items to file down their teeth. If a rodent didn’t gnaw, their teeth would grow to a length that would prevent them from being able to eat. Your home offers many items they can gnaw on. So, their fortune is your misfortune. Specifically, rats and mice will chew on electrical wiring in your home creating an exposed electrical current. This is a serious fire hazard and can ignite surrounding insulation or nesting materials from rodents. A pest control specialists will inspect for rodents and locate any electrical wire damage.
- Eliminate Risk Of Structural Damage– Carpenter ants and termites will damage the frame of the home, leaving you in a structurally unsound home. These pests will also eat away at the wall siding creating an unpleasant appearance and eliminating some of the protection of the home.
- Prevent Spread Of Diseases – Particularly rats and roaches leave droppings that carry diseases. These droppings will become brittle and turn into dust. The dust contaminates the air making the diseases air-borne. Roach droppings often contribute to asthma in children. Rats can spread Hantavirus and other life-threatening disease. A thorough clean up of waste by a licensed pest control specialist will resolve this problem.
- One Pest Welcomes Other Pests – Pests tend to live in close proximity to each other because they either feed on other pests or your current pest problem has created a welcoming setting for other pests. For example, bees create honeycomb that attracts roaches and ants. The sweet honey is a perfect food source for ants and roaches. So if you have bees on your property you could have other nuisance pests as well.
A regular service is much more affordable than doing costly home repairs from pests. Protect your property today by looking into a pest control service that fits your needs. Ensure that the company you choose offers a free inspection and gives you a guaranteed price on service costs.
There is nothing more satisfying than a clean home without pests crawling around. Get your pest-free home today so you can relax comfortably knowing pests aren’t destroying your home.
Derek Roach is a copywriter for Pro Pacific Pest Control which specializes in bee control and offers general pest control service. His articles focus primarily on pest control topics have been featured in local & international publications.
Need Pest Control Services?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.