When Traveling be on the look out for Bed Bugs that could be in your hotel room
- Inspect any room where you will be staying for the presence of bed bugs. You generally can do this with a flashlight to spot any signs of them.
- Check the mattress and headboard before going to bed.
- Inspect luggage racks before placing your luggage on them.
- In hotel rooms, you should use the luggage racks to hold your luggage when packing or unpacking rather than setting your luggage on the bed or even the floor.
- Upon returning home, quickly unpack your garments directly into a washing machine and inspect your luggage carefully. The time in a dryer at high temperatures kills the bed bugs (just washing will generally not kill bed bugs).
- Store suitcases away from your bedroom, such as in the basement or garage. You should never store suitcases under your bed.