Mice and rats can wreak havoc when they gain access to your home. Safeguarding your residence to prevent their infiltration is essential. Rodents are well-known as carriers of numerous diseases. Their droppings can pose severe health risks, not to mention expensive property damages. Luckily, there are preventative steps you can take to keep mice and rats away from your home.
Rodent Prevention Tips
Safeguarding your home against rodents is crucial in maintaining your home and health. Mice and rats can easily gain access to your home if you’re not prepared. Preventing rodent invasions is achievable by taking some proactive steps in key areas of your home:
- Sealing: Seal all holes, cracks, and crevices on the exterior of your home, including around the connections of your pipes, to prevent rodents from gaining entry. Caulk, steel wool, and expanding foam insulation are the recommended products to use. Wire mesh screens to obstruct their access points can also be installed.
- Storing Food: Mice and rats enter your home in search of warmth and food. To help deter rodents from coming into your home, always store your food in airtight containers.
- Cleanliness: Leaving out food scraps, and uncleaned spills on your floors and behind kitchen appliances, will deliver alluring smells, attracting rodents with the promise of a meal. Keeping your kitchen clean is essential.
- Garbage Cans: Keep your garbage cans a considerable distance from your home. Slightly elevate them from the ground for the best results, to help prevent mice and rats from entering.
- Moisture: Avoid excess moisture in your basements, attics, and crawl spaces, and ensure they remain well-maintained at all times. The moisture attracts thirsty rodents.
- Screens and Vents: Repairing any damaged screens on your home’s doors and windows is important for deterring the entry of rodents. Non-working or damaged vents should also be repaired or replaced.
Need Rodent Control Services?
Rodent Proofing Your Mississippi Property
Rodents are driven indoors by their quest for food and shelter. They are skilled at infiltrating through small holes, cracks, and crevices in the exterior of your home. Mice and rats entering your home will be a distressing experience, but it’s a challenge that can be overcome with the right steps. Safeguarding your residence and taking appropriate precautions, will prevent rodent infestations, ensuring a safe and comfortable living environment for you and your family.
Long-term Rodent Prevention
Taking preventative measures to prevent mice and rats from infiltrating your home is essential to your well-being. Don’t wait for pests to invade your home. Enlist the help of a professional rodent exterminator. The experts at Southern Pest Control know how to keep rodents out of your home. For more information about our rodent prevention services, please call us today!Back to Rodent Exterminators – Rat & Mice Exterminators