The 2018 Hurricane Season officially kicked off June 1, 2018. The current prediction is 10 to 16 storms that reach wind speed of at least 39 miles per hour. Of those 5 to 9 are expected to reach hurricane strength winds of 74 miles per hour or more. Of these one to four may graduate to a major hurricane (category 3 to 5) with winds at least at 111 miles per hour.
With this said, it is always a good idea to be prepared for Hurricanes. Below are some tips to help you be ready if one comes your way.
- Check your disaster supplies and replace or restock as needed.
- You should have a minimum of 3 days’ supply of non-perishable easy to prepare foods
- Be prepared to protect your windows and doors. If you do not have shutters, have plywood ready to cover when the treat of a hurricane is presented.
- Be prepared to turn your refrigerator and freezer to the coldest setting and keep them closed as much as possible.
- Turn off propane tanks and small appliances
- Fill your car’s gas tank
- Create an evacuation plan with your family members
- Learn Your Community’s Hurricane Response Plan
- Make sure you have sufficient batteries for all your needs
- Have a First Aid Kit
- Make sure you have a good cell phone charger
- It may be a good idea to have some Cash in case the credit card lines are down.
We at Southern Pest Control hope that this information was beneficial in preparing for hurricanes in 2018. Remember if you have an out of control pest problem in your home or outdoors, we are here to help. We have been in the Pest Control business for over 37 years serving the entire Gulf Coast Region. Please call us at 800 527-9832 if we can help. Please visit our website at www.southernpestcontrol.biz to meet our team of experts and learn more about our services.
Need Pest Control Services?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.