The 2019 Hurricane Season will officially kicked off June 1, 2019. The current prediction is that 2019 will have 75% of the average season, whereas the 2018 season had 120% of the average season. Hopefully this year we will be luck and have little hurricane activity.
However, with this said, it is always a good idea to be prepared for Hurricane season. Below are some tips to help you be ready if one comes your way.
- Check your disaster supplies and replace or restock as needed.
- You should have a minimum of 3 days’ supply of non-perishable easy to prepare foods
- Be prepared to protect your windows and doors. If you do not have shutters, have plywood ready to cover when the treat of a hurricane is presented.
- Be prepared to turn your refrigerator and freezer to the coldest setting and keep them closed as much as possible.
- Turn off propane tanks and small appliances
- Fill your car’s gas tank
- Create an evacuation plan with your family members
- Learn Your Community’s Hurricane Response Plan
- Make sure you have sufficient batteries for all your needs
- Have a First Aid Kit
- Make sure you have a good cell phone charger
- It may be a good idea to have some Cash in case the credit card lines are down.
- We at Southern Pest Control hope that this information was beneficial in preparing for hurricane season in 2019. Remember if you have an out of control pest problem in your home or outdoors, we are here to help. We have been in the Pest Control business for over 38 years serving the entire Gulf Coast Region. Please call us at 800 527-9832 if we can help. Please visit our website at www.southernpestcontrol.biz to meet our team of experts and learn more about our services.
Need Pest Control Services?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.