Fall Pests -We at Southern Pest Control want to help you prepare for The Fall. The change in weather creates new possibilities to be on the out look for when staying pest free. Many pests are preparing for the possible harsh weather that may occur. Therefore, many will use your home as a haven to protect themselves. Among the most common are lady bugs and spiders. Fall is a good time to protect home from overwintering pests seeking shelter like cockroaches and rodents.
Below are some steps you can take to make your home and property Fall ready.
- Keep your grass mowed and shrubbery trimmed. Always keep them away from the sides of your home.
- Clear all debris and make sure there is no standing water.
- Always store firewood away from the home and keep it elevated off the ground so that pests and termites cannot get into it
- Inspect the outside of your home for cracks and holes that pests can use as entry points and seal them. If you have a brick home check to ensure that the stuffing used in your weep holes is still in good shape
- Use weather stripping around doors and windows
- Insure that your screens are in good shape
- Make sure your chimney is pest protected
- Keep your gutters clear of debris.
- Insure that your crawlspace has no possible cracks or holes that pests can enter your home through
- Keep food and pet food stored in airtight containers.
- Don’t leave pet food and water bowls out overnight
- Repair any leaky faucets
We hope these tips were helpful to you as you prepare for this Fall. We at Southern Pest Control are here to help if needed. We have been serving the Entire Gulf Coast Region for over 39 years, helping folks like you stay pest free. Please call us at 800 527-9832 if we can help. One of our trained staff is ready to take your call and help solve your pest problem. Please visit our website at https://www.southernpestcontrol.biz/ to meet our team and learn more about us and the services we offer.