Summer Time is approaching and that means mosquitoes are ready to increase our frustration with these unwanted pests.
We at Southern Pest Control thought you would be interested to know several facts about mosquitoes just as interesting information. So here are the facts, we hope you enjoy this information.
- Only Females bite
- West Virginia has the fewest species of mosquitoes
- There are over 3500 species
- Mosquito is Spanish for “little fly”
- Females can lay over 300 eggs at a time
- One can drink up to 3 times its body weigh in blood
- They spend their first ten days in water.
- They can’t fly very far or very fast
- They generally fly below 25 feet
- Sweat helps them choice their victims
- They have 6 legs
- Mosquitoes feed day and night
- They have been around since the Jurassic period
- The bumps from mosquito bites are caused by saliva
- West Nile virus came to the US in 1999
- Mosquitoes do not transmit HIV
- They can smell human breath
- Their 2 main predators are fish and dragonflies
- Mosquito traps can kill thousands in a single night
- Bug zappers don’t work on mosquitoes
We at Southern Pest Control hope that you found some interesting facts here. Please remember we can help you protect yourself and your family from these unwanted pests. We have an experienced team of trained professionals that can help you rid your home of unwanted pests from mosquitoes to termites to cockroaches and many more. We also can remove unwelcome guests like snakes, squirrels, or raccoons.
We have been serving the Gulf Coat for over 35 years. Please call us at 800 527-9852 and visit our website at www.southernpestcontrol.biz to meet our team and learn about all the services we offer.